Make a Tax-Deductible Donation to TGFM
To donate online, click on the button below and fill in the amount you would like to give. You will receive a confirmation email from us.
Thank you for considering a contribution to the Tower Grove Farmers' Market.
Did you know the farmers' market is an independent 501c3 organization and that we are required to raise 1/3 of our operating budget from donations? We raise funds to pay for space rental, staffing, equipment, marketing, and lots of little things that make the market the best in the St Louis region. A lot goes into organizing 40 markets a year with 50-60 vendors each and over 4,000 visitors every week. Thank you for considering a donation to the farmers' market!
To donate online, click on the button below and fill in the amount you would like to give. We will follow up with you on your gift selection!
If you would like to mail in your donation, please fill out this form and send it to the following address:
Tower Grove Farmers' Market
PO Box 220137
St Louis, MO 63122
To donate online, click on the button below and fill in the amount you would like to give. We will follow up with you on your gift selections!
The Tower Grove Farmers’ Market is a 501(c)(3) organization that relies on donations for 33% of its operating budget. Our expenses include rent, insurance, staffing, and equipment. Your donation is tax-deductible. Thank you for supporting the 2014 Tower Grove Farmers’ Market!
Help Us Reach Our Fundraising Goal
Due to other revenue, we have lowered our fundraising goal to $18,000 for 2015. With just one week left in the season, we need to raise $2,000 more to reach our 2015 goal - can you help us get there?
Help us reach our goal
Our typical annual fundraising goal is $20,000. We use this money to pay rent, pay staff (staffing is much more than just the 4 1/2 market hours each week), maintain the grounds, buy equipment, pay for marketing, outreach, and advertising, and many other incidental expenses that come with running a large farmers' market.
Last year we came up short of our goal and this year we are trying to make it up so we can take care of 2014 expenses. Our fundraising goal was $25,000 this year but we have managed to lower it by bringing in other revenue. We still need to raise $2,000 more. We can do it, but we need your help!
Shooting for 2%
Each year around 1% of our shoppers make a donation to the market. This year, we hope to raise that to 2% and you can help us do it. If you haven't donated to the market before, please consider becoming a first-time donor. Any amount helps us reach our goal.
What do we use the money for?
We use donations to pay for park rent, staffing, bookkeeping, equipment, marketing, insurance, printing, and other expenses.
Why give to the farmers' market?
1) This year, 130,000 shoppers will come to the market and buy healthy and sustainably produced food. They will connect with their neighbors, their farmers, and bring their children to enjoy the park and learn about where their food comes from.
2) Our EBT program is on track to issue $6,000 EBT this season and most of that has been matched. The EBT program (and ATM service) require a dedicated staff member at the market and more staff hours behind the scenes for bookkeeping and tax accounting. Next season we anticipate issuing more than $10,000 EBT.
3) Farmers and food entrepreneurs will make close to $2,000,000 in sales at the market and much more through the business connections they make at the market.
4) We help launch successful St Louis businesses, including Salume Beddu, Traveling Tea, Whisk Bakeshop, Southwest Diner, Kakao Chocolate, Four Season’s Baked Goods, and Kitchen Kulture. Through increased sales at our market, we have made it possible for many of our vendors to do what they love full time and make meaningful impacts on the local economy.
5) A successful farmers' market means more farmers and more farmland. These green spaces are protected from development and factory farming and this leads to healthier waterways and a healthier environment.
6) The farmers' market's economic engine runs 365 days a year through the businesses and farms that have gotten their start at the market. The economic impact we've had in the St Louis region goes beyond just the Saturday sales, it includes the jobs that have been created, the businesses and farms that have launched, and the professional relationships that have been forged.
7) We bring in dozens of non-profit organizations each season that disseminate information and help our shoppers live greener lives, adopt abandoned pets, and increase awareness of important issues.
8) We help grow neighborhoods. New Tower Grove residents include the farmers’ market in their decision to move to the neighborhood and area business owners cite the market as a key reason they open in the area.
Other ways to support the farmers' market
Donations of any amount help us reach our fundraising goal and if you donate $35 or more, you will get a complimentary meal coupon to Chipotle Mexican Grill and a farmers' market totebag, t-shirt, hat, or coffee mug.
Purchasing merchandise from our information booth is another way to support the market: proceeds from the sales go to our operating budget.
Help us spread the word: the Tower Grove Farmers' Market is a 501c3 organization and we have to raise 1/3 of our budget from charitable donations.
If your business is interested in sponsoring the farmers' market, please email us at email@example.com
Use this form and mail in a donation to:
Tower Grove Farmers' Market
PO Box 220137
St Louis, MO 63122
Looking for other donation options? Consider doing a matching gift challenge. You can pick a Saturday and challenge our shoppers to meet your donation level. Email us if you are interested!
Or, spread out your donation. Monthly, bi-weekly donations of smaller amounts are a good way to provide a steady revenue stream for our operating budget. Most online banking services allow you to setup recurring payments!